Although the mid-peninsula has vast stores of talent and wealth, many individuals and families still find themselves in dire economic straits, both short term and chronically. Even with existing services, many people are unaware of how or where to access the help they need.
Interfaith Network for Community Help (INCH) is a local volunteer organization that helps close this gap.
INCH began in 1983 when local congregations began to identify individuals and families at risk, with a part-time counselor to coordinate social services. More churches and synagogues then merged their efforts to form an interfaith network connecting needs with help.
In 1984, INCH incorporated as a 501c (3) non-profit organization. Since then, a focused set of programs and activities has grown around the network’s core mission. INCH has almost no administrative cost, with an all-volunteer working board. Each volunteer on the 15 member board of directors is directly involved in INCH’s work. Funding comes from individual donations, church support, corporate sponsorships, foundation grants, and fundraising events, including the Gospel Music Festival.
Service Awards .
Over the past 10 years INCH has received community recognition and the following awards. Among them are:
- Outstanding Volunteer Service Award San Mateo Shelter Network Community Service Award Junior League of Palo Alto
- The Charles M. Collen Community Service Award
- Dependable, Sensitive, and Responsible Service Award San Mateo Supervisors
- Latinos Unitos of San Mateo County for Dedicated Service
- Faith Leadership Award San Francisco Foundation
- City of San Jose Award for Cultural Enrichment
- Homeless Service Award Junior League of Palo Alto
- Kinwood Mitchell Memorial Youth Advocacy Award United Church of Christ
How You Can Help.
INCH is a volunteer driven organization. We ask for your support through cash and in-kind donations, volunteer work, prayer, encouragement, and increasing public awareness of INCH’s work. Don’t forget to join us at the Gospel Festival!
All donations are tax deductible.
Contact us at
(650) 321-7760 or @ firstname.lastname@example.org to match your resources with our community’s needs!